EPS Foam Packaging
Expanded polystyrene foam or EPS Foam, which is also known as Styrofoam, is used for packaging purposes. It is light in weight and has a closed-cell body structure that allows minimal water absorption. It is primarily used for packing delicate and shock-sensitive goods, including crockery, electronics, food packaging, construction insulations, and so on. EPS foam is a versatile packaging foam available in various compressive strengths to deal with different applications. At BlueRose Packaging, we offer high-quality custom EPS foam packaging for packing various sensitive products. Our EPS foam rolls are lightweight, durable, and ideal for thermal insulated packaging. We offer them in standard and custom sizes in a wide range of lengths, thicknesses, and widths as per your business requirement.
Our Capabilities in Custom EPS Foam Packaging
We have been delivering custom EPS foam packaging supplies for several years now. Our in-depth understanding of client requirements and changing trends has helped us develop capabilities that allow us to design and manufacture a wide range of EPS foam packaging products. We believe the following capabilities that we have developed over the years help us meet all your packaging and material handling needs easily.
- We can provide EPS foam in the following sizes:
- Widths: up to 48″
- Thicknesses: 1/4″ to 54″
- Lengths: up to 216″ (18’)
- Densities: 75lb to 2.85 lbs. per cubic foot
- We can also deliver EPS foam in large sizes if required, and this is usually done by bonding additional pieces.
- Grades of EPS Foam: We can provide EPS foam packaging in the following grades:
- Neopor F 2200: Neopor F 2200 is an expandable polystyrene grade that contains 5.3% pentane produced by polymerization. This EPS foam grade provides excellent thermal insulation.
- Neopor F 2300: This is a versatile grade of EPS that offers good processability. It is essentially used for applications including the attic, ceiling, cavity wall, flat roof, and so on.
- Neopor F 2400: Neopor F 2400 provides excellent water, chemical, and aging, resistance. This grade is mainly used for applications like insulating boxes, concrete forms, etc.
- Neopor F 4 Speed: This grade is available in silver gray color in a block molded form. Neopor F 4 speed grade is ideally used for flat roof insulations.
- Neopor F 5 pro: Ideal for perimeter and flat roof insulations, this grade of EPS foams provides perfect resistance to aging and decay. It has a closed-cell structure that consumes significantly less energy.
- Types of EPS Foam: We at BlueRose Packaging provide custom EPS foam packaging in the following configurations.
- EPS Foam Sheets: EPS foam sheets are ideal for packing electronic appliances, cosmetics, and so on.
- EPS Foam Rolls: EPS foam provides the required insulation to the products. EPS foam rolls are ideal for heavy industrial applications like heavy equipment shipping.
- Custom Molded EPS Foam: We understand that each application is different and has its own demands. To fulfill your industrial need, we provide customized EPS foams entirely suitable for your business.
Properties of Expanded Polystyrene
Extended polystyrene is an excellent packaging material with so many beneficial properties. Some of them are as follows:
- Water Absorption Properties: EPS foam is non-hygroscopic in nature. The closed-cell wall of EPS foam absorbs significantly less amount of water as compared with regular foam. This waterproof property of EPS foam protects the goods from water retention.
- Chemical Resistance: EPS foam is not easily affected by aqueous solutions comprising alkalis and salts, and water. However, it cannot withstand organic solvents. So, it is not recommended for applications where it may come in contact with any such solvent.
- Electrical Properties: EPS has a dielectric strength of 2KV/mm. However, antistatic agents are added to the molded polystyrene foam to deal with different industrial applications like electronics.
- Thermal properties: EPS foam is made up of a very tiny and closed cell structure containing 98% of air. This makes polystyrene foam a poor conductor of heat, thereby contributing to its excellent thermal insulation property.
- Mechanical Properties: EPS foam is very lightweight and possesses high compressive strength, making them ideal for heavy applications. However, EPS with low compressive strength can be used for void forming.
- Aging Resistance and Weathering: EPS foam can resist weathering and aging. This packaging can show some type of yellowing on the surface if kept under direct sunlight. There may be little embrittlement on the upper surface layer. However, yellowing has no significant effect on the mechanical properties of the packaging.
Wholesale EPS Foam Packaging Offered by BlueRose
We at BlueRose provide various types of EPS foam packaging highly suitable for your industrial applications. We serve clients from various industries who order EPS foams in bulk. We assure you of the best wholesale prices for custom foams. Our unique pricing allows our clients to stock these foams in bulk and save on their waiting times. This also keeps them one step ahead of competitors. In addition to this, we provide customized EPS foam in all types to completely suit your business. If you come across any questions regarding our EPS packaging, feel free to contact us via email or phone. Our customer support team will be happy to assist you and will guide you through the entire process.